Courtyard. Funeral chapel, designed by the architect Erik Bryggman, was built in the cemetery. Building work, begun in the spring of 1939, was interrupted by the Winter War. The fate of soldiers killed in action and the pain of their bereaved families influenced Bryggman and details of the chapel. He wanted the building to provide comfort for those broken by death and grief. The Chapel of the Resurrection was completed in the spring of 1941, on the eve of the Continuation War.