“They don’t make them like this any more” is certainly true of the C. M. Forbes home. This fantastically ornate home was build circa 1887 on the northwest corner of SW Vista Avenue and Park Place. Date of demolition is unknown but the high-rise now on that property was built in 1960. (image held by the University of Oregon Libraries, from the Vintage Portland website)
Historical Second Empire (Mansard). Known as the Parrott-Camp-Soucy House, it started out as a Greek Revival built by Confederate surgeon Abraham North in 1842. In the 1880′s it was rebuilt into a Victorian and underwent restoration in the 1980′s. The upcoming movie 'The Odd Life of Timothy Green' was also filmed here. 155 Greenville St, Newnan, GA 30263
Heck-Andrews House, 1869, Second Empire Style. The house was originally owned by industrialist Jonathan McGee Heck (1831-1894) and his wife Mattie. One of their twelve children, social activist Fannie E.S. Heck (1862-1915), was president of the both the state and national Women's Missionary Union.