Edison Studios, circa 1907–1914 (Bronx, NY). A silent film studio in action - relatively simple, three-sided sets could be built side by side to make maximum use of the space, with two or more films shooting simultaneously.
This is the Black Maria, the first motion picture studio constructed by Thomas A. Edison, in 1893. It was placed on wheels in order to turn it so that the sunlight was in the necessary parts of the camera.
1st Film Edit - The Execution of Mary, Queen of Scots (1895) - Alfred Clark | Thomas Edison