Discover Pinterest’s 10 best ideas and inspiration for Bananas. Get inspired and try out new things.
Everything you need to know about bananas, including the main varieties, how to store them, how to ripen then faster, and nutrition information.
Sweetee P Nursing saved to Healthy food
100 · 28 minutes · Ultra dense and chewy, these banana bread muffin tops make a great running-out-the-door breakfast or snack. Sweetened with banana and dates, there are no added sugars (and the chocolate chips can be easily swapped for walnuts). Try them warm served with a pat of vegan butter, nut butter, or coconut oil.
- • 2 Bananas, large ripe
- • 1/2 cup Medjool dates, packed pitted
- • 2 cups Rolled oats, gluten-free
Baking & Spices
- • 1 4 + 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, fine grain
- • 1 tsp Baking powder
- • 3 tbsp Chocolate chips, non-dairy
- • 1 tsp Cinnamon
- • 1 tsp Vanilla extract, pure
Oils & Vinegars
- • 1/4 cup Coconut oil, virgin
57 · 60 minutes · Simple, fluffy vegan cinnamon rolls infused with banana bread flavor and made in just 1 bowl!
- • 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- • 3 Tbsp vegan butter ((such as Earth Balance))
- • 1 packet instant/fast-acting yeast ((1 packet yields ~2 1/4 tsp) )
- • 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- • 1/4 tsp salt
- • 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- • 2 ¾ - 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour ((I used a ratio of 2/3 unbleached all-purpose, 1/3 whole-wheat pastry))
- • 1/4 cup vegan butter
- • 1/3 cup cane sugar
- • 1/2 - 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- • ~20 very thin banana slices ((1/2 cup yields ~20 slices))
- • 1/3 cup raw walnuts or pecans ((optional // crushed // plus more for topping))
- • 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- • 1 Tbsp sugar (cane or brown)
- • Dairy-free cream cheese frosting
- • Powdered sugar glaze ((see notes))
Karla Rodriguez saved to Dessert
Bananas: como melhor conservá-las http://www.viva50.com.br/bananas-como-melhor-conserva-las/
viva50 saved to Dicas interessantes
Although we eat a lot of bananas in this house, it seems like there are always a couple that ripen way faster than we can consume them. I like ripe bananas, but when they start turning black, they begin to lose their appeal. Because of this, I pretty much always have a plastic bag of...Read More »
Jessica Conrad Bennett saved to Sneaky Sweets
Bananas contain tryptophan, a brain chemical that helps regulate mood, researchers have found—and that's one of several other perks. See more about how it and 13 other foods can help make you happier.
Australian sports dietitian Ryan Pinto recently shared a graphic about the various benefits of bananas depending on their ripeness. It turns out eating an over-ripe banana may not be a great idea.
Devi Lee saved to Low Carb/High Veggie Recipes
Here's a list of 50 healthy banana recipes. We've got banana bread, muffins, & so much more. This is the ultimate resource for how to use up ripe bananas.
Kimberly Good saved to Food To Try