Discover Pinterest’s 10 best ideas and inspiration for Fascinating facts. Get inspired and try out new things.
1. Chinese billionaire Joseph Lau spent over $50 million on diamonds for two of his daughters, one of which was 1-year-old.
01. Jacqueline Kennedy requested an eternal flame for her husband's grave. Later, when a group of Catholic schoolchildren were sprinkling the temporary flame with holy water, the cap came off the bottle and water poured onto the flame, putting it out. #kennedy #usa #america #unitedstates #president #potus #nancyraegan #women #firstlady #jacquelinekennedy #dolleymadison #wife #didyouknow #history #interesting
Fact Republic saved to Weird Facts
1. The rules to Monopoly clearly state that if a player lands on a property and doesn't buy it, it immediately goes up for auction to the highest bidder.
Patrick Turner saved to Good stuff
1. Persian King Agha Mohammad Khan once ordered the execution of two servants for being too loud. Since it was a holy day, he postponed their execution by a day and made the servants return to their duties. They murdered the king in his sleep that night.
Roger Elliott saved to History facts
1. A scientific study found that after taking LSD or psilocybin, 83% of alcoholics no longer met the criteria for the disorder, and 28% credited their psychedelic experience for their lifestyle change.
Megan Emma saved to Funny
1. There was an explosion in 1626 in China which killed 20,000 people. The cause of the explosion has not been conclusively determined.
Sarah Gordon saved to oh wow! take a look at that!
01. For the first Superman movie producers wanted Christopher Reeve to wear fake muscles under the suit but he refused. He instead started an intense two-month training program which added 14kg to his 86kg frame. He got so big they had to reshoot earlier scenes as they didn’t match the later shots. #movies #films #hollywood #didyouknow #interesting #fascinating #marriage #india #history #women #female #worldwar1 #firstworldwar #actor #christopherreeve #superman
Fact Republic saved to Trivia
“The Great Filter” is theoretically a point in evolution that only a minuscule fraction of species could evolve past. This may explain why we have never contacted other high functioning species. Also, we do not know if humans have yet to reach it, or have already passed it.
Many have described see northern lights as a humbling one; an awe-inspiring event that leaves one feeling so, so small in the grand scheme of our magnificent universe. And yet, in that moment of humility, there may also be an overwhelming sense of significance. Therein lies the magic of the aurora borealis. #TravelManitoba Blog | Northern Lights | Northern Vacations | Winter Bucket List | #ExploreMB #ExploreCanada
For a few months, we have been collecting the strangest and most interesting facts we could find and turning them into cool drawings that we post on our Instagram. We have over 150 drawing ideas and counting now!
Olga Kozyreva saved to something interesting