Punavuorenkatu 1. - Fredrikinkatu 18. Fredrikintori. - Finna...

Punavuorenkatu 1. - Fredrikinkatu 18. Fredrikintori. - Finna...

Uusikaarlepyy. Ostrobothnia province of Western Finland - Pohjanmaa. photo Leif Sjöholm

Ostrobothnia province of Western Finland - Österbotten.

Virolahti Church was built in a cruciform shape during the years 1765-1768. The current appearance dates from the restoration in 1939 and the church was re-painted in 1989. Also, the decoration of the pulpit dates from 1939. The altar piece was painted in 1914 and the stained glass is from 1964. In 1957, a lightning strike started a fire that destroyed the belfry dating from 1778, and the current belfry was erected in 1958 to replace it.

Virolahti, Southeast region of Finland, next to Russian border. The church was built during the years

Kajaanin linna ennen vuotta 1716

Kajaanin linna ennen vuotta 1716

Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanova of Russia photographed reading during a day excursion,at  Virolahti,Finland in 1912. "AL"

Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia on the beach of the Finnish skerries. Romanov Collection, General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.

Näkymä Roineelle Vehoniemenharjulta - Kangasala – Wikipedia

Näkymä Roineelle Vehoniemenharjulta - Kangasala – Wikipedia

Pinterest
Search