Finlayson church was built for the use of the Finlayson factory workers in 1879. It was built primarily as a place to practice religion, but the first working day of the year was started with a service there right until the 1970s. The Finlayson factory workers founded their own congregation from 1846 to 1860. The factory had its own priest, a factory preacher right until 1982. The factory gave the church away and the lot it stands on for free in 1981.