• 2 tablespoons sugar or to taste
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 ¾ cups milk or as needed
• 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
• Whisk milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
• Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
• Create a well in the middle and add wet ingredients. Stir just until combined, batter should look slightly lumpy. It should be slightly thick but should still be able to pour fairly smoothly. You may need to add a bit more milk.
• Preheat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat (or to 350°F). Lightly grease with butter or olive oil.
• Pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake and cook on one side until bubbles form and begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side about 1-2 minutes.