Gallery in the Catherine Palace, St Petersburg, Russia
The private dacha of the Tsarevich Alexander, later Tsar Alexander II, built between 1845 - 1850 along the Peterhof Road, outside of the confines of the Peterhof State Museum-Reserve. The architect Stackenschneider built this building for the Tsarevich.
These rooms were used for auxiliary purposes. The name of the first of them was due to the tradition of placing there regimental standards of the Guards during their regular summer quartering at Peterhof.
The Summer Palaces of the Romanovs: Treasures from Tsarskoye Selo .
PAVLOVSK PALACE, Saint Petersburg, Russia~ Note the magnificent floors, marquetry inlaid with rare and precious wood in geometric patterns. Visitors are required to remove their shoes, and wear the special slippers provided, so that the precious wood floors are not scratched or scuffed.