Pan Seared Chilean Seabass with Meyer Lemon Beurre Blanc 👌🏻❤️. This is very simple but SO good. Beurre blanc literally means white butter, and it consists of acid emulsified butter and it is insane. It is a bit temperamental so you have to work quick. Some people add cream as a stabilizer but I prefer not. Also, I add a touch of honey to balance the acid better but it isn't in the original 😉.
• 2 Chilean seabass filets (pan seared on a cast iron 4 min per side).
• 1 shallot (finely miced).
• 2 tbsp white wine vinegar.
•6-7 tbsp butter (cubed and cold).
• 1.- Add the shallots, white wine and vinegar to a sauce pan and reduced almost completely. See video.
• 2.- whisk in your butter working quickly so it emulsifies and doesn't break.
• 3.- pour over your fish.