The Suitia Manor dates back to the 15th century; it became a manor in 1420. The manor castle was built in 1540-1545. It was destroyed by 1730, after which the new wooden main building was built - and it was destroyed in 1758. The manor castle was restored by 1761, reconstructed in 1898-1899 with romantic image of medieval castles and some Neo-Gothic elements. The surrounding garden dates from the 1540s; it is the oldest known garden in Finland.