New picture of The Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara. c1893. This tiara, purchased from Garrard was a wedding present to the future Queen Mary. It was originally topped with nine large pearl finials, and it could also originally be worn as a necklace. In 1914, Queen Mary had the pearl finials removed, and the base of the tiara; which she used as a separate bandeau. In 1947, Mary gave the tiara to her granddaughter Princess Elizabeth.