Huittisten kaupunki sisältää monen ajan ulottuvuuden
Huittisten myöhäiskeskiaikainen kivikirkko ympäristöineen edustaa entisen suurpitäjän historiallista keskustaa. Merkittävien valtateiden risteykseen syntynyt kivikirkon ympäristö rakennuksineen on määritelty valtakunnallisesti merkittäväksi rakennetuksi kulttuuriympäristöksi. Huittisten keskiaikainen kivikirkko 1500-luvulta; muutos 1793, laajennus 1860, restaurointi 1958-59 Olli Kestilä, säilynyt kalkkimaalauksia 1500-luvulta Suorakaiteen muotoiseen harmaakivikirkkoon liittyy uudempi…
The Old Church of Messukylä is the oldest building in Tampere. It was most likely constructed in the 16th century. Before the stone church dedicated to St Michael, a wooden church stood in its place for a period that is believed to have been slightly less than a century. The Old Church of Messukylä represents the typical style of Finnish churches from the Middle Ages. The decorations around the sacristy are similar to those of other churches of the era located in the Satakunta region.
Tourism Tampere - Tampere Travel Guide | Discovering Finland
The St Mary's Church of Sastamala is located on a site that used to hold an old wooden church, or maybe several. The church was renovated to its current form in the 1960s. The church features an earth floor, a stone baptismal font from the 13th century, and an impressive collection of wood carvings. The church is known for its excellent acoustics, which is why it is the main venue for the Sastamala Gregoriana early music festival. The church is open for visitors during the summer.
The Church of St. Birgitta in Åland was probably built in the end of the 13th century. The church replaced an earlier wooden church from the beginning of the 13th century. The tower was added in 1317, and the current spire is from the remodeling in 1817. The altarpiece was painted by R.W. Ekman in 1876, and the pulpit is from 1852.
Virhe - Kuvapankki
Mietoinen Church was built in 1641-1643, and is oblong in shape. It has been enlarged in 1724 and 1829. The church has been reconstructed several times in the 19th century, and the tower was added in 1818-1819.