Finlaysonin katunäkymä 1910-luvulla, vasemmalla Plevna, oikealla Siperia (kehräämö). Kuva: Vapriikin kuva-arkisto | Finlayson rakennutti 1877 uuden suuren kutomon, Plevnan. Sen olivat suunnitelleet kaupunginarkkitehti F.L. Calonius ja Georg Cunliffe. Plevna aloitti puhtaaksimuuratun tiilen aikakauden Tampereella. Finlayson oli ennen rapannut tehtaansa valkoisiksi, mutta Plevnan jälkeen rakennusten julkisivut pysyivät paljaina.

Finlaysonin katunäkymä 1910-luvulla, vasemmalla Plevna, oikealla Siperia (kehräämö). Kuva: Vapriikin kuva-arkisto | Finlayson rakennutti 1877 uuden suuren kutomon, Plevnan. Sen olivat suunnitelleet kaupunginarkkitehti F.L. Calonius ja Georg Cunliffe. Plevna aloitti puhtaaksimuuratun tiilen aikakauden Tampereella. Finlayson oli ennen rapannut tehtaansa valkoisiksi, mutta Plevnan jälkeen rakennusten julkisivut pysyivät paljaina.

Finlayson kosken itäpuolelta katsottuna 1880-luvulla. Keskellä Kuusivooninkinen. Kuvaaja: Svante Lagergrén, Vapriikin kuva-arkisto

Finlayson kosken itäpuolelta katsottuna 1880-luvulla. Keskellä Kuusivooninkinen. Kuvaaja: Svante Lagergrén, Vapriikin kuva-arkisto

Finlaysonin palatsi - Tampere | Nykyinen Finlaysonin palatsi rakennettiin 1899 kaupunginarkkitehti Lambert Pettersonin piirustusten mukaan William (Wilhelm) von Nottbeckin pojan Alexanderin asunnoksi. Kivestä rakenettu talo on kaksikerroksinen ja tyyliltään uusrenessanssia.

Finlaysonin palatsi - Tampere | Nykyinen Finlaysonin palatsi rakennettiin 1899 kaupunginarkkitehti Lambert Pettersonin piirustusten mukaan William (Wilhelm) von Nottbeckin pojan Alexanderin asunnoksi. Kivestä rakenettu talo on kaksikerroksinen ja tyyliltään uusrenessanssia.

Finlaysonin palatsi Tampereella 1880-luvulla | Vuonna 1820 James Finlayson perusti tehtaan Tammerkoskelle ja kunnosti vanhan viinanpolttimon  kodikseen. Kaksikerroksiseen 22 huoneen rakennukseen mahtui myös kangaspuita ja kutojia, kemiallinen pesula sekä Suomen ensimmäinen lastenkoti.

Finlaysonin palatsi Tampereella 1880-luvulla | Vuonna 1820 James Finlayson perusti tehtaan Tammerkoskelle ja kunnosti vanhan viinanpolttimon kodikseen. Kaksikerroksiseen 22 huoneen rakennukseen mahtui myös kangaspuita ja kutojia, kemiallinen pesula sekä Suomen ensimmäinen lastenkoti.

Designed by architect Bertel Strömmer, the shop in association with Finlayson's cotton mill has been situated on Kuninkaankatu Street.

Designed by architect Bertel Strömmer, the shop in association with Finlayson's cotton mill has been situated on Kuninkaankatu Street.

In 1839 the industrial weaving of cotton fabrics was established in Tampere, Finland. Employee housing was built and a school was founded in conjunction with the cotton mill, followed by a sickness fund, a hospital, a library and a church. Finlayson's cotton mill opened the first savings bank and a cooperative in Tampere.

In 1839 the industrial weaving of cotton fabrics was established in Tampere, Finland. Employee housing was built and a school was founded in conjunction with the cotton mill, followed by a sickness fund, a hospital, a library and a church. Finlayson's cotton mill opened the first savings bank and a cooperative in Tampere.

In the 1860s, Finlayson employed half the population of Tampere. The cotton mill was the first employer in Finland to offer industrial work also to women. Finlayson's high quality products received several awards at international exhibitions.

In the 1860s, Finlayson employed half the population of Tampere. The cotton mill was the first employer in Finland to offer industrial work also to women. Finlayson's high quality products received several awards at international exhibitions.

Plevna, the largest weaving room in the Nordic countries was completed in 1877. The first electric lights in Scandinavia were first switched on in Plevna. The mill had 3279 employees in 1897: 1088 men, 1900 women and 291 children.

Plevna, the largest weaving room in the Nordic countries was completed in 1877. The first electric lights in Scandinavia were first switched on in Plevna. The mill had 3279 employees in 1897: 1088 men, 1900 women and 291 children.

Right up until the 1950s, the models for printed textile patterns were bought from abroad. In 1951, a studio was founded at Finlayson's Forssa mill which also hired its first designers who had received art training. Finlayson merged with Vaasan Puuvilla Oy.

Right up until the 1950s, the models for printed textile patterns were bought from abroad. In 1951, a studio was founded at Finlayson's Forssa mill which also hired its first designers who had received art training. Finlayson merged with Vaasan Puuvilla Oy.

1932 PMK, or the Finnish cotton mills' joint sales office was founded. PMK's advertising campaigns could be seen in magazines, shop windows and in outdoor advertising. Finlayson & Co. acquired a majority stake in Forssan Oy. Subsequent to a merger, the company became Oy Finlayson- Forssa Ab.

1932 PMK, or the Finnish cotton mills' joint sales office was founded. PMK's advertising campaigns could be seen in magazines, shop windows and in outdoor advertising. Finlayson & Co. acquired a majority stake in Forssan Oy. Subsequent to a merger, the company became Oy Finlayson- Forssa Ab.

Pinterest
Haku